The award is to be presented to companies, cities, institutions and individuals promoting the idea of sustainable alternative fuel’s production and use.
The Alternative Fuel Award 2019
After the successful inauguration last year, we have received a lot of impressive applications from various projects around the world for the Alternative Fuel Award competition 2019.
This year, we gladly announce the following projects as award winners:
Arabian Cement Company, Egypt: "Alternative Fuel Case Study"
Simuma Cement, Part of Intercement Group, South Africa: "5 Years Evolution for a Sustainable Waste Disposal"
Process Solution, Canada: "Waste Fuels Information Management System (WFIMS) for Geocycle"
The awards ceremony will take place during the next Alternative Fuel Symposium of MVW Lechtenberg & Partner, specifically at the Gala Dinner on 24 September, 2019 in Duisburg, Germany.
The first winning project will get a 5000 € reward in addition to the travel costs and participation fee for one delegate to the symposium.The second and third winning projects will get the “Alternative Fuels and Raw Material Handbook for the Cement & Lime Industry”, a comprehensive standard compendium for the industry, in addition to free participation in the symposium for one delegate. The representatives of the winning projects will present their projects at the Alternative Fuel Symposium.
MVW Lechtenberg & Partner thanks all companies, cities, institutions and individuals, which promote alternative fuels to participate in the Alternative Fuel Award competition for sending us a description of their projects and of their experiences gained from promoting, producing or using alternative fuels.
Best of luck to all the participants!
The AFA winners in 2018 were:
- Reliance Group, Egypt for the project "Waste Treatment Plants in Port Said & Isamailia". Karim Elsabee has accepted the 1st AFA on behalf of Reliance Group.
- Cimpor / Intercement Souselas Plant, Portugal for the project "Alternative Fuel Dryer at Souselas Plant". Sandro Conceicao has accepted the 2nd AFA on behalf of Cimpor Souselas Plant.
- Interwaste, South Africa for the presented case study "Producing Alternative Fuels for the Cement Industry". Mike Nicholls has accepted the 3rd AFA on behalf of Interwaste.
- An honorary AFA was presented to BioEnergy, Egypt for the project "Waste, Fuelling the Future of Pyroprocess".
- An honorary AFA was presented to Qena Cement, Egypt for the project "Multi-fuel Handling Facility for Various Types of Alternative Fuels".
The descriptions of each winning project will be published in the coming issues of the Co-Processing Magazine.