23 September - Field Trip (optional)
This year’s programme includes a Field Trip on 23 September 2019 to the cement plant of Heidelberg Cement in Ennigerloh. The plant replaces more than 75% of fossil fuels with alternative fuels such as RDF, tyres and liquid fuels in compliance with the highest emission protection regulations and is one of the most efficient German cement plants.
The registration for the field trip will take place at Wyndham Duisburger Hof hotel at 11:30. The bus will be leaving for Ennigerloh at 12:30. The estimated time of arrival back to Wyndham Duisburger Hof hotel is 18:30.
24 September - Symposium Day 1
The registration opens at 08:30 with the first presentation begining at 09:00. After a productive day of information exchange, interspersed with coffee and lunch breaks, the first day ends at 17:00.
The evening programme commences at 18:00 on board the ship “MS RheinPoesie” and cruise on the Rhine river to explore Europe’s largest inland port.
During courses of the Gala Dinner on board the ship, the second prize giving of the Alternative Fuel Award will take place to recognize three successful projects in alternative fuel production and use. The three winners will present their projects on the second day of the symposium.
25 September - Symposium Day 2
The second day of the symposium begins at 09:00 and will end approximately around 14:00. At the end of the second day, a lottery drawing to determine the winner of the Alternative Fuels & Raw Materials Handbook for the Cement and Lime Industry (vol. 1 & vol. 2) will take place.
26 September - Alternative Fuels Workshop (optional)
The Alternative Fuels Workshop, dedicated to alternative fuels users, begins on 26 September 2019 at 08:30 with a series of lectures provided by Dr. Hansjörg Diller and Dirk Lechtenberg about the use and impacts of alternative fuels in the cement and lime industries. The workshop ends at 17:00. You can register for the final free spots here.
The confirmed speakers so far are:
- Dimitrios Bakoulis, CEO at Antipollution S.A., Greece: “Alternative Fuels Market in Greece”.
- Dr. Arif Bashir, General Manager at DG Khan Cement, Pakistan: “Overview of the Cement Industry in Pakistan & DG Khan’s RDF Activities”.
- Philipp Biedenkopf, Senior Area Manager at Amandus Kahl GmbH & Co. KG, Germany: “Processing of Waste Fractions to Alternative Fuels”.
- Konstantin Bojinov, Head of Geocycle Russia, Russia: "RDF Market in Russia".
- Dr. Luigi Di Matteo, CEO of DI MATTEO Förderanlagen GmbH & Co.KG, Germany: “Closing the Loop - Best Practices in Efficient Alternative Fuels Utilization”.
- Fritz Driessler, Sales Manager at Lindner-Recyclingtech GmbH, Germany: “YES, WE CAN?! Premium RDF production in the US”.
- Jan Gressmann, Product Manager CONVAERO at Eggersmann Anlagenbau GmbH, Germany: “The Cilacap Experience; RDF Quality Produced from MSW in a Developing Country”.
- Prof. Dr. Estelle Herlyn, Head of the Competence Centre for sustainable development at FOM University of Applied Science in Düsseldorf: "Globalization, Development, Climate - Navigation Through Stormy Water".
- Kalle Kivelä, Sales Director at Cross Wrap Oy Ltd., Finland: "Cross Wrap solutions in alternative fuel handling".
- Georgios Koufodimos, Mechanical Engineer at Herhof GmbH, Germany: “Power plant post-combustion carbon dioxide capture”.
- Jan Gressmann, Product Manager at Eggersmann Anlagenbau GmbH, Germany: “The Cilacap Experience; RDF Quality Produced from MSW in a Developing Country”.
- Mir Ali Kazim, Vice President Cement Quality at PSCL, Canada: "Waste Fuels Information Management System (WFIMS) for Geocycle".
- Jordan Mandalov, COO at GRIFFIN, Finland: “The United Arab Emirates Decree for the Use of Alternative Fuels – the First RDF Production in UAE”.
- Rafael Mauri, Co-processing Manager at Intercement S.A.,South Africa: "Co-processing at Simuna Plant".
- Arian Middleton, Supply Chain Engineer at EEW Energy from Waste GmbH, Germany: “Waste Incineration in the European Context Between Risks and Opportunities”.
- Andreas Nitzsche, Sales Manager at Anlagenbau Günther GmbH, Germany: “SPLITTER® - for RDF production”.
- Mark Müller, Orglmeister Infrarotsysteme, Germany: „Fire detection and protection in waste processing facilities and RDF Storages".
- Sameh Saleh, Chief Operation Officer at Arabian Cement Company, Egypt: "Alternative Fuels in ACC".
- Florian Salzer, Plant Manager at Wietersdorfer & Peggauer Zement GmbH, Austria: “State-of-the-Art Technology in Emission Reduction – Experience Report from Wietersdorfer Cement Plant”.
- Ram Badanmani Tripathi, Unit Head at JK Cement Works, India: "AFR Journey up to 10% TSR Without Affecting the Quality and Production of Clinker".
- Leos Volesky, Head of Sales at Schenk Process s.r.o., Czech Republic: “Increasing Efficiency and Flexibility for the Alternative Fuels Co-processing”.
- Hans-Joachim Walther, Waste Stream Management at Schwenk Zement KG, Germany: “Co-incineration of Sewage-Sludge in a Cement Plant”.