Monday, 23 September 2019 - Field Trip
This year's Field Trip took place at HeidelbergCement pant Ennigerloh. The plant replaces more than 75% of fossil fuels with alternative fuels such as RDF, tires and liquid fuels in compliance with the highest emission protection regulations and is one of the most efficient German cement plants. Registration started at 11:30 and the bus left for Ennigerloh at 12:30. During the bus ride, the participants learned more about the are of Ruhrgebiet and the cement plant's history. The tour at the plant has been be divided into two groups and guided by Heinz Bröker from HeidelbergCement and Dirk Lechtenberg from MVW Lechtenberg. After the trip, the participants had the opportunity to join a get together at Restaurant Belvedere in Duisburg Ruhrort.
Tuesday, 24 September 2019 - Day 1
The first official day of the 6th Alternative Fuels Symposium started at 8 a.m. with registration and coffee. After a short welcoming introduction by Dirk Lechtenberg, the delegates enjoyed a day filled with informative presentations, great networking opportunities and high-level information exchange. At the end of the first day of presentations, all participants were invited to join a relaxing boat tour with a festive dinner. The river cruiser MS RheinPoesie took all guests on a tour on the Rhein river, passing Duisburg city with changing scenery from a bustling city, busy harbor to peaceful oasis with green meadows. During the joint dinner on the board of MS RheinPoesie, the winners of this year’s Alternative Fuels competition have been honored. The winning projects have been shortly presented and Mr. Dirk Lechtenberg handed on the Alternative Fuels Awards to the representatives of these companies.
Wednesday, 25 September 2019 - Day 2
The second day of presentations started with a welcoming coffee at 8:30 a.m. During the second day, this year's Alternative Fuel Award winners have been presenting their projects among other selected speakers, which you will all find in the list below. The day ended with a networking lunch and the annual lottery to determine the winner of the Alternative Fuels and Raw Materials Handbook vol. 1 & 2. Once again, congratulations to the winner!
Thursday, 26 September 2019 - Workshop
This year, we offered an optional Alternative Fuels Workshop dedicated to alternative fuels users, due to many requests in the last years. The workshop included a series of lectures provided by Dr. Hansjörg Diller, Dirk Lechtenberg and Vladimir Dimitrov about the use and impacts of alternative fuels in the cement and lime industries. The workshop ended at 5 p.m after each participant received a certificate for completion of the workshop.
The speakers of the 6th Alternative Fuels Symposium were:
- Dimitrios Bakoulis, CEO at Antipollution S.A., Greece: “Alternative Fuels Market in Greece”.
- Dr. Arif Bashir, General Manager at DG Khan Cement, Pakistan: “Overview of the Cement Industry in Pakistan & DG Khan’s RDF Activities”.
- Philipp Biedenkopf, Senior Area Manager at Amandus Kahl GmbH & Co. KG, Germany: “Processing of Waste Fractions to Alternative Fuels”.
- Konstantin Bojinov, Head of Geocycle Russia, Russia: "RDF Market in Russia".
- Dr. Luigi Di Matteo, CEO of DI MATTEO Förderanlagen GmbH & Co.KG, Germany: “Closing the Loop - Best Practices in Efficient Alternative Fuels Utilization”.
- Fritz Driessler, Sales Manager at Lindner-Recyclingtech GmbH, Germany: “YES, WE CAN?! Premium RDF production in the US”.
- Jan Gressmann, Product Manager CONVAERO at Eggersmann Anlagenbau GmbH, Germany: “The Cilacap Experience; RDF Quality Produced from MSW in a Developing Country”.
- Prof. Dr. Estelle Herlyn, Head of the Competence Centre for sustainable development at FOM University of Applied Science in Düsseldorf: "Globalization, Development, Climate - Navigation Through Stormy Water".
- Kalle Kivelä, Sales Director at Cross Wrap Oy Ltd., Finland: "Cross Wrap solutions in alternative fuel handling".
- Georgios Koufodimos, Mechanical Engineer at Herhof GmbH, Germany: “Power plant post-combustion carbon dioxide capture”.
- Mir Ali Kazim, Vice President Cement Quality at PSCL, Canada: "Waste Fuels Information Management System (WFIMS) for Geocycle".
- Rafael Fenerich Mauri, Co-processing Manager at Intercement S.A.,South Africa: "Co-processing at Simuna Plant".
- Arian Middleton, Supply Chain Engineer at EEW Energy from Waste GmbH, Germany: “Waste Incineration in the European Context Between Risks and Opportunities”.
- Andreas Nitzsche, Sales Manager at Anlagenbau Günther GmbH, Germany: “SPLITTER® - for RDF production”.
- Mark Müller, Orglmeister Infrarotsysteme, Germany: „Fire detection and protection in waste processing facilities and RDF Storages".
- Kazem Moshir, Shift Leader at Arabian Cement Company, Egypt: "Alternative Fuels in ACC".
- Florian Salzer, Plant Manager at Wietersdorfer & Peggauer Zement GmbH, Austria: “State-of-the-Art Technology in Emission Reduction – Experience Report from Wietersdorfer Cement Plant”.
- Ram Badanmani Tripathi, Unit Head at JK Cement Works, India: "AFR Journey up to 10% TSR Without Affecting the Quality and Production of Clinker".
- Leos Volesky, Head of Sales at Schenk Process s.r.o., Czech Republic: “Increasing Efficiency and Flexibility for the Alternative Fuels Co-processing”.
- Hans-Joachim Walther, Waste Stream Management at Schwenk Zement KG, Germany: “Co-incineration of Sewage-Sludge in a Cement Plant”.