As of today, the confirmed speakers' list include:
- Rick Bohan, Director of Manufacturing Technology, Portland Cement Association, USA: "Development of Alternative Fuels in the United States of America"
- Saleh Al Shabnan, CEO of City Cement, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: "The Role of the Cement Industry in a Sustainable Waste Management in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Constraints and Opportunities"
- Berthold Kren, Region Head of Geocycle Asia, GM - Geocycle India: "Development of Alternative Fuels in the APAC Region - Case Studies of Geocycle"
- Bassam Moumneh, CCO of AVERDA International, United Arab Emirates: “Waste Management in Selected Countries in Middle East and Africa – Opportunities and Business Models for Alternative Fuels"
- Dr. Rainer Bertling: Sales Director Metallurgy, Power & Alternative Fuels, Aumund Fördertechnik, Germany: "Aumund Integrated Solution for Optimization of Alternative Fuels Application in Cement Plants"
- Sascha Ebersberger, Herhof, Germany: "From Municipal Solid Waste to an Alternative Fuel Resource by Herhof "Stabilat©" Technology"
- Tania Godinho, SGR Ambiente, Portugal: "Production and Use of Refuse Derived Fuels in the Portugese Cement Industry"
- Leos Volesky, Schenck Process, Czech Republic: "Progress in Alternative Fuels Feeding Systems"
- Tim Hamer, Vecoplan, Germany: "Innovative Technologies for RDF Production & Handling"
- Dr. Luigi Di Matteo, DI MATTEO Förderanlagen, Germany: "Transitioning to a Zero Waste Future - International Best Practices for Co-Processing of Alternative Fuels"
- Thomas Jennewein, FLSmidth Pfister, Germany, "Case Studies on Feeding and Dosing of Alternative Fuels in Different Countries"
- Boris Hille, PROCESS SENSORS Europe, Germany: "Automatic Moisture Control for Refuse Derived Fuels”
- Jan Gressmann, Eggersmann Analagenbau, Germany: "Case Study Cilacap, Indonesia: MSW to RDF in Developing Countries Where Dumpsites are the Standard"
- Marco Egger, Lindner-Recyclingtech, Austria: "Case Study for the Production of Alternative Fuel from Solid Waste for the Cement Industry"
- Tais Mazza & Hendrik Schnelle, LOESCHE, Germany: "LOESCHE's Most Recent Step into AF: Integration of MHC Technologies"
- Jens Ole Simonsen, Metsko Denmark: "Why choose Metso Waste Shredders for your RDF Production?"
- Dirk Schmidt, KIMA Process Control, Germany: "Optimized Kiln Operation with IR-controlled Water Cooling of Kiln Shell 2018"
Furthermore, the committee has reviewed all applications for the “Alternative Fuel Award”. We have received almost 20 applications from cement plants and RDF producers from all over the world, in which particularly interesting alternative fuel projects are described.
These winners of the competition will present their case studies on the Symposium:
- Sandro Conceicao, Intercement, Portugal: “Alternative Fuel dryer Project at Souselas Plant"
- Mike Nicholls, Interwaste, South Africa: "Case Study from South Africa - Producing Alternative Fuels for the Cement Industry"
- Mohamed Adel, BioEnergy, Egypt: "Waste, Fuelling the Future of Pyroprocess"
- Mohammed Hamada Ali Ahmed, Qena Cement, Egypt: "Multifuel Handling of Fossil and Alternative Fuels from the Sugar Industry"
Besides this, equipment suppliers and service providers will present case studies from their projects and demonstrate new developments.
As you can see, there is a lot to look forward to. If you would like to participate as well, please register without a delay here.