The award is to be presented to companies, cities, institutions, and individuals promoting the idea of sustainable alternative fuel’s production and use.
The winners of the Alternative Fuel Award 2019 were:
- 1st Prize: Arabian Cement Company, Egypt: "Alternative Fuel Case Study"
- 2nd Prize: Simuma Cement, Part of Intercement Group, South Africa: "5 Years Evolution for a Sustainable Waste Disposal"
- 3rd Prize: Process Solution, Canada: "Waste Fuels Information Management System (WFIMS) for Geocycle"
The first winning project receives a 5000€ reward in addition to the travel costs and participation fee for one delegate to the symposium. The second and third winning projects receive the “Alternative Fuels and Raw Material Handbook for the Cement & Lime Industry”, a comprehensive standard compendium for the industry, in addition to free participation in the symposium for one delegate.
The awards ceremony takes place during the Alternative Fuels Symposium in Germany. The representatives of the winning projects furthermore present their cases to delegates from the global alternative fuels community during the Symposium.
The descriptions of each winning project are published in the Co-Processing Magazine.
Who can apply:
- Collaborations with NGOs / municipalities / educational institutions for alternative fuels sourcing
- Case studies on plant installation / design for AF production / processing
- Case studies on the implementation of emission monitoring / innovative information management systems for AF
- Research projects in the field of AF use and technologies
... or similar.
Alternative Fuel Award 2020 - Called off!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year's Alternative Fuels Symposium and therefore the 2020 Alternative Fuel Award ceremony have been called off. We thank all participants for their applications, which will be taken into account for the prize-giving in 2021.